Sunday, October 09, 2011

New Beginnings

Life seems to move along, at its own pace and with its own intentions.  One of my four OB/GYN doctors had told me, "You'll have this baby before October."  So, here we sit with a new baby boy, one day before my due date, and the very last day of September.  I went into labor at 8:30PM on the 29th, and God blessed us with our little boy, Landon Michael Frits, at 11:54AM on the 30th of September!  A much faster delivery than Bella.  I was in labor with her for 26 hours, with our son less than 16 hours.  I pushed for 11 minutes, which I am proud of as he was 8lbs 8oz and 21" long.  A whole pound and a half larger than Bella was!  :)  He is beautiful and perfect in my eyes.


And so dawns the start of a new life for me and my family.  Having one more little one in the house adds much more complexity and chaos, but in a good way.  We are still adapting to this new life a week later, and it's amazing to me how intimidating this one little life can be.  He's so small and fragile, and he requires so much attention.  It is definitely a balancing act that I will need to master, being a Mom to Bella and Landon, a house wife, and a loving wife to my husband as well seeking my new journey to athleticism.  We will see how it goes.

So today is my last lazy day that I am allowing myself to have.  I have been leaning on my husband quite a bit in the past few days, allowing myself to sort of melt into the couch with Landon.  Tomorrow I am activating the "New Life" movement, which entails starting my Home Management Binder, starting a new food menu (that we're going to stick to), starting a new healthy diet (that is realistic), starting my "Couch to Marathon" training which will take a year for the 1/2 marathon, and within the next year a full blown marathon.  I am sure I will fail, several times, but success to me is not measured by how many times I fail in this process, but rather that I picked myself up and started where I left off and kept going.  With my goals in mind, I am determined enough that I believe that within the next 18 months, I will create a whole new happy and healthy me with a happier and healthy family.  All of this is only possible through God's help, so I fully intend to jump into a more active prayer life, as I know and hope to fully realize eventually that this change is only possible if I lean on Him and derive my strength from Him.

Thank you to everyone for your inspiration to become a better person!

Wish me luck in my new endeavors and I will be blogging again soon! 

No comments: