Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Good Morning from the Gremlin Post

Curiosity peaks early at the Frits household.  While most of the children of the world (at least in our hemisphere) are still fast asleep, my little dumplings are up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 5:30AM.  And to Bella's amazement, she was not alone.  On our journey to the fridge for our morning milk she found the most interesting of creatures on the fridge, something new for her hungry eyes and imagination.

 Of course she had to poke at it...










And touch it without REALLY touching it...


But she really wanted to.

She is an interesting little lady with her hobbies including, but not limited to, geology (rock picking), pedology (digging in the dirt), and entomology (a fascination with bugs) with a minor in the arts (finger painting).  She is like her Daddy as she loves the great outdoors, but has her Momma's touch because she's always putting her hands in the dirt and stopping to admire a leaf, or a flower's petals, or that bug that sits atop them while we're roaming around outside.
In the end, we find that our little girl is somewhat of a girly girl even if she likes her hands in dirt.
She woke up on Sunday morning, just to find that Momma's toenails were painted red, and she kept pointing to her toenails, wondering why hers weren't red too.  She, with her Daddy in tow, went walking down the hallway to approach me when the question arrived to my ears.  "Momma, can we paint Bella's toes too," her Dad asks on her behalf.  So up she gets propped on the couch, sitting so diligently beside her Daddy, as I paint her nails.  Now she's prancing around the house, showing them off and so very proud that her toes now are sparkly red like her Momma's.

She's so humorous, always finding a precarious situation to be put in...

           Or laughing at her own jokes...                                       Quite often you'll hear her jibber jabbering in what sounds some foreign language and then a trail of laughter to follow that you can't help but be caught up in.  You are left in wonder, trying to figure out what in the world she must be talking about that is so darn funny.  But all together she's a one of a kind gal with a heart of gold, even if at times it doesn't seem so.  I don't think Landon could find a sister that loved him more. 
This is our little lady Bella.  She naughty most of the time and sweet as pie just as often.  But mornings such as these, she's the latter and I just soak it all in, because I'm sure later she'll have me pulling my hair out.  But I love it, I love the way she is, and somehow she's always making me melt.

  Funny how these little munchkins can do that.

But now that she decided to go back to sleep, I'm going to go cuddle my other little man and get some more z's in myself.  I just thought I'd share my morning to all of my readers.  Hope your day starts off as sweet and adventurous as mine and Bella's.  Good morning world! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute. You should right a kids book! Give the babies hugs and kisses from us. :)

Grandma said...

This is so cute. I can picture Bella as she looks around her space and discovers all the wonders around her.

Anonymous said...

Love the pics that accompany the blog today! They made me smile. *Mary

Anonymous said...

Katie, my professional little blogger! I love this! Will try to bring it up at work tomorrow so I can share it with my colleagues! ---Lisa S.(The bird kind of S.)