Monday, October 24, 2011

Organization - My Very Own Home Management Binder

It's late, I know.  Landon was awake so I decided to work on my Home Management Binder (HMB) and I finished it!  So I'm superbly excited and had to blog/brag about it!  But he finally fell asleep, so I'm only allowing myself a few minutes on here to tell everyone about it.
It has 13 completed sections, each of which reflects a part of my life so that it helps to better manage my time and helps me to not forget things, like appointments or the last time the refrigerator got cleaned and when it need to be done AGAIN.  Here are my sections and subsections (just in case you're thinking you want one too...):

Section One: Scheduling
              A Collaborative Weekly Schedule
              Monthly Calendars
              Work Schedules
              Day Care Schedules
              Garbage and Recycling Schedule (sent from the city)
Section Two: Food Menu & Grocery Lists
              Grocery Lists
              Shopping Lists
              Weekly Food Menu (that gets posted)
              Monthly Food Menu (with featured cookbook)
Section Three: Household Maintenance
             My Master To-Do List
            Weekly Cleaning List (one room gets cleaned each day)
            Seasonal Cleaning Schedule
            Fishtank Maintenance Log
            Vehicle Mainenance Log
            Work Record (for when things get fixed around here)
Section Four: Yard & Garden Maintenance
            Garden Plans
            Outdoor To-Do List (Seasonal)
            Plant Care Sheets
           Chemical & Fertilizer Application Log
Section Five: Family Planning
            Fun Ideas for Family Time
            Birthday List (for my HUGE family)
            Natural Family Planning Information
Section Six: Medical
             Appointments
             Any pertinent medical stuff we need to keep up to date on
Section Seven: Financial Peace
             DAVE RAMSEY!!! http://www.daveramsey.com/new/baby-step-1/
             Our Budget
             Bill Pay Stuff
Section Eight: Child Care
             Emergency Contact Numbers for Babysitters
            Isabella's and Landon's Daily Routine
             Do's and Don'ts
             Fuzzi Bunz Care Guide - How to Use Then
Section Nine: Physical Fitness & Nutrition
             My Excercise Plan
             Couch to 10K in 13 Weeks http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=1462924
             Body Weights and Measurements
             Information from my Body Media http://www.bodymedia.com/
             Information on Eating Right (from my Nutritionist)
Section Ten: Self Cares & Reflection
             Short Term and Long Term Goals
             My Book Reading List (Top ten books I want to read right now)
             Prayer Journal
             Time set out for fun lady stuff like manicures, pedicures, facials, etc.
             Time set out for charity and giving
Section Eleven: Blogging
             Blogs I've written
             Ideas for future blogs and where I want to go with it
Section Twelve: Project Profiles
             Each MAJOR project have going on gets a profile where I can write down ideas and  
             plan what I want to do.
Section Thirteen: Miscellaneous
             Anything that doesn't fit in the first 12 sections, this section is empty right now.

I know this seems crazy OCD, and maybe it is, but it's a place where I can go and make sense of all the chaos in my house.  I am super excited to have it done and in full swing.  I've been using it for a month or so to clean my house, for babysitters and daycare, scheduling and such and it's worked beautifully as long as I stick to the plan.  Of course there are days that the plan doesn't work, but you can always compromise and pick up where you left off.  Even Tim used it today to catch up on our house cleaning, and he liked it because he didn't have to ask me what I needed help with next, it was already written out.

So all together, it has been a productive day.  Like I said, sometimes the "Plan" doesn't work out and the last three days was one of those times.  So we spent the day catching up and cleaning the rooms we didn't get to and when that was done, I worked on this management system and took care of the kiddos.  But I said I was going to keep it short, and I've already been on here longer than I anticipated so I'm off to bed.  Thanks Nessa for getting me going on this whole thing, I LOVE IT!

No comments: